Fire crews from Alfreton and Ashfield attended a call-out on Saturday, February 25.

The fire which broke out at 2:30pm on Hamlet Lane in South Normanton is believed to be caused by an electrical fault.

A Derbyshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “Crews used two breathing apparatus, one safety jet and carbon dioxide to put the electric fire out”. 

Electrical faults are a common cause of house fires. Regular fixed wire testing can help minimise risk by finding items that could cause faults and recommending items to upgrade to meet modern standards.


Leave a Reply

Avatar placeholder

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.